Oral Health America’s Webinar Series consists of monthly webinars to provide technical assistance and to create a forum for programs to share information about best practices and innovative projects. We offer webinars for both our Smiles Across America and Wisdom Tooth Project programs.
July 10, 2018 at 1:00 PM Central
A State of Decay: A State Report on Older Adults’ Oral Health
In 2003, Oral Health America (OHA) commissioned the A State of Decay (ASOD) series to provide the public with data describing the oral health status of adults 65+. In April 2018, OHA released volume four of this biannual report, analyzing six variables that impact the oral health of older adults. The report ranks each state with an overall score.
This webinar’s purpose is to summarize the importance of the findings in ASOD with take-home lessons about how messages can be tailored to raise awareness about the oral health needs of older adults. The goal is to empower participants to use the report to take collective action in improving oral health practices, plans, and policies in their states by sharing data, field strategies, and communications techniques for the purpose of working toward creating a healthier older adult population. In addition, the report includes a special section on national data to start a conversation in the national infrastructure of oral health.
Presenters: Bianca Rogers & Natalie Shaffer from OHA Public Affairs
- Learn about current oral health gaps and proposed solutions for collective action/impact
- Be exposed to actions and ideas that were implemented by states to achieve notable public policy changes
- Have tools, strategies and recommendations for how to utilize the ASOD report in their state to create effective policy change
July 20, 2018 at 11:00 AM Central
Implementing a Clinical Quality Evaluation System in Your Oral Health Program
This webinar will provide attendees with insight regarding best practices for instituting a quality evaluation system within their respective clinical oral health programs. Attendees will learn about the process for designing, implementing, and evaluating a clinical quality assessment program. Additionally, attendees will learn about the three principal types of data that are collected during the clinical quality assessment process and will be able to select or develop appropriate metrics to evaluate their own programs.
Intended Audience: Dentists and Hygienists; Clinical Managers; FQHC Managers; State Oral Health Program Directors; School-Based Health Center Managers; Health Plan and 3rd-Party Payer Staff; Grants Management Staff; Grant Writers.
Presenters: Pierre M. Cartier, DMD, MPH
- Describe the process for planning, implementing, and evaluating a clinical quality evaluation program in an oral healthcare environment.
- Identify three principal data categories collected during the clinical quality evaluation processes.
- Discuss the importance of collecting and analyzing population health data.
- Identify key process evaluation metrics that might be incorporated into a clinical program’s evaluation process.