Oral Health America is a national, non-profit organization founded in 1955 and headquartered in Chicago.
A Timeline of OHA’s History, click to go fullscreen.
Our mission is to change lives by connecting communities with resources to increase access to care, education, and advocacy for all Americans, especially those most vulnerable.
Look Through our Brochure Below,
click to go fullscreen.
In 2011, OHA helped bring healthy mouths to life by:
- Affording oral disease prevention and oral health promotion services in school-based or school-linked settings to 350,000 children without routine access to dental care in 35 states, including welcoming 5 new sites into the Smiles Across America® program.
- Assisting 140 community treatment partners by providing grant funding, technical assistance and 500,000 units of donated dental products.
- Securing over 300 million audience impressions about the importance of self care, dental visits, healthy food choices, and tobacco avoidance in maintaining oral and overall health.
- Completing our 10-year pledge to America’s Promise to seal one million teeth and launching the Seal Two Million campaign to seal two million teeth by 2020.
- Encouraging policies that create oral health equity, good nutrition, and tobacco avoidance and cessation practices for all 300 million Americans.