Beginning in September, we’ll Fall for Smiles and encourage families to talk about oral health—and we hope you will join us!
Ready to take part in Fall for Smiles? GET STARTED!
There are many ways that you can participate in Fall for Smiles.
By supporting this year’s promotion, you will encourage families to include oral health in their back-to-school and Fall routines, leading to a lifetime of healthy smiles.
- Sign up to attend Advocacy Day on September 10, 2014, in Washington, D.C. and help OHA show lawmakers the importance of oral healthcare. To RSVP, please contact Amanda Ganley at amandaganley@
dentaltradealliance.org or call 703-379-7755.
- Send a Letter to the Editor of your hometown newspaper
- Send a Press Release to your hometown newspaper
- Use suggested language from the Social Media Guide to develop updates for Facebook and Twitter (also available online)
- Make copies of the Fall for Smiles Quiz and Fall for Smiles Coloring Sheet! included in this booklet and the Spanish language booklet
- Download our tip sheets to help discuss oral health with children and older adults
- Share best practices on how to brush your teeth
- Include the Fall for Smiles web button on your website. Please link back to this page.
- Download and Wear our Fall for Smiles Sticker HERE. Simply print on a basic Avery Label 5264.
- Display our downloadable Fall for Smiles posters. Download the 8.5″x11″ or 11″x17″ poster. Simply add in your name as a supporter and print!
- Get step-by-step instructions on how to make Fall for Smiles a success in your community. View our archived Fall for Smiles webinar that took place on August 21, 2013
- Enter the Fall for Smiles Photo Share
- Host an open house, inviting the public to get to know your practice and learn more about the importance of oral health
- Provide pro-bono care for a day. Learn about OHA’s Product Donation Project
- Volunteer at an elementary school or nursing home in your community and provide oral health education
- Sponsor a brush-a-thon or a smile-a-thon
- Host a Candy Drive where you trade kids’ Halloween candy for more tooth-friendly goodies. Promote your drive with our poster and template press release.
- Share the importance of good oral hygiene habits by visiting 2min2x.org. Oral Health America is a proud Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives participant
- Check out Alliance of the American Dental Association’s foundation grant opportunities and other great information on dental health education. You can also get check out their oral health brochure for older adults
- Share these key oral health messages from Children’s Dental Health Project
- Dental Trade Alliance Foundation has great grant information
- Hispanic Dental Association has created Spanish translated tips for children oral health and patient education
- Maine Dental Access Coalition has list of resources for child and family care professionals